- 3 egg whites
- 125 g sugar
- 1 small bottle (approx. 5 ml) rum essence
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g chopped almonds
- 100 g dried apricots, chopped
- 20 g cornflour
- HOCH baking wafers, No. 10a
- 100 g cocoa glaze
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover a baking tray with a layer of HOCH baking wafers and spread the mixture over it.
- Add another layer of HOCH baking wafers over the top and then place the baking tray in a preheated oven.
- After cooling, decorate the top wafer surface with fine lines of glaze and, while still on the baking tray, use a sharp knife to cut into rectangles or triangles.
Mix sugar icing with yellow food colouring and spread over some of the apricot triangles.
Electric oven: 160 – 180°C | Baking time: Approx. 20 min.