- 100 g flour
- 25 g rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 60 g soft butter or margarine
- 40 g glacé cherries
- 40 g candied orange peel
- 185 g raisins
- 75 g chopped hazelnuts
- 125 g brown cane sugar
- ½ tsp orange peel flavouring
- ½ tsp “spekulatius” spices (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom)
- 1 tsp soluble coffee powder
- 1 egg
- 75 ml dark beer or stout
- HOCH baking wafers (diameter 4-5 cm)
- Mix the flour, rolled oats and baking powder, and add the butter or margarine in small flakes.
- Chop the cherries and candied orange peel finely and add to the mixture together with the raisins, hazelnuts, sugar, orange flavouring, spices and coffee powder. Mix together well.
- Mix in the egg and beer in a hand mixer or food processor, using the dough hook, and knead it to a smooth dough.
- Spread the HOCH baking wafers out on baking trays and, using two teaspoons, add a small heap of the mixture to each wafer. Place in a preheated oven.
Electric oven: 175°C | Baking time: Approx. 15 min.