- 3 egg whites
- 25 g candied lemon peel
- 200 g icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 g flaked almonds
- 50 g chopped pistachios
- 25 g candied orange peel
- HOCH baking wafers (diameter 4-5 cm)
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until stiff. Add the icing sugar and fold in to form a thick mixture.
- Chop the candied lemon peel finely and fold into the whisked egg whites together with the almonds, half of the pistachios and the candied orange peel.
- Spread the HOCH baking wafers out on a baking tray and using two teaspoons add a small heap of the mixture to each wafer.
- Sprinkle the macaroons with the rest of the pistachios and back in a preheated oven.
Before whisking eggs they should always be at room temperature. The bowl and whisk must be completely free of fat.
Electric oven: 130°C | Baking time: Approx. 20 min. | Preparation: 30 min.