- 100 g dark cooking chocolate
- 50 g milk cooking chocolate
- 50 g nut nougat
- 250 g coconut fat (Copha)
- 3 eggs
- 200 g icing sugar
- Rectangular HOCH baking wafers, No. 10a
- Chop the dark baking chocolate into small pieces and melt together with half of the coconut fat (Copha) in a bowl in a bath of hot water. Chop the milk baking chocolate into small pieces and melt together with the nut nougat and the rest of the coconut fat (Copha) in a bowl in a bath of hot water.
- Remove both bowls from the heat and leave to cool until they are creamy in texture.
- Whisk the egg and icing sugar until they are foamy and slowly fold half into each of the two creamy mixtures.
- Return both bowls to the hot water bath and bring to the boil. Heat for a further 10 minutes in the boiling water bath, stirring occasionally.
- Cool the chocolate mixtures until they are spreadable, then coat alternate HOCH baking wafers with one of each mixture and layer them on top of one another in stripes. Cover with a further HOCH baking wafer and leave to cool overnight.
- With a sharp knife cut into squares of approx. 2.5 x 2.5 cm.
Use white cooking chocolate instead of the dark cooking chocolate.
You can make more intricate squares by adding approx. 100 g chopped almonds or hazelnuts to one of the chocolate layers.