- 75 g red glacé cherries
- 50 ml hot milk
- 200 g sugar
- Approx. 8-10 g vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp rum
- 30 g butter or margarine
- 150 g flaked almonds
- 75 ml whipping cream
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder (alternatively: 2 tsp instant coffee powder)
- 2 tbsp flour
- HOCH baking wafers (diameter 4-5 cm)
- Chop the glacé cherries into small pieces and mix in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients except for the flour.
- Bring the contents to the boil and simmer on a medium heat for approx. 8 minutes. Finally, fold in the sieved flour.
- Spread the HOCH baking wafers out on a baking tray, leaving plenty of space between, and using two teaspoons add a small portion of the mixture to each wafer.
- Place the florentines in a preheated oven. After baking, make sure the florentines are moulded firmly together and set aside to cool.
If you use cornflour instead of flour, the biscuits will not run so much.
Electric oven: 220°C | Baking time: Approx. 6 min. | Preparation: 30 min.