- 7 croissants
- ½ litre water
- 4 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Approx. 8-10 g cardamom
- Approx. 15 g mixed lebkuchen spices
- 100 g candied lemon peel
- 100 g candied orange peel
- 250 g ground almonds
- 250 g ground hazelnuts
- 250 g flour
- 7 g baker’s ammonia
- HOCH baking wafers (diameter 7-8 cm)
For the coating:
- 100 g cocoa glaze
- Soak the croissants in water overnight.
- The next day, knead the croissant mixture together with the remaining ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon, spread the mixture onto the HOCH baking wafers, place on a baking tray and put into a preheated oven.
- Soften the glaze to a smooth consistency in a small bowl in a hot water bath. Spread the glaze over the finished cakes with a brush.
Spread some of the cakes with sugar icing and decorate with almonds.
Electric oven: 200°C | Baking time: Approx. 20 min.