- 240 g dark chocolate
- Approx. 8-10 g vanilla sugar
- 160 g butter
- 240 g sugar
- 1 egg
- Approx. 8-10 g baking powder
- 2 tsps mixed lebkuchen spices
- 80 g chopped hazelnuts
- 200 g flour
- Round HOCH baking wafers
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Beat the butter with half of the sugar for approx. 2 minutes. Stir in the egg.
- Mix the chocolate pieces, vanilla sugar, baking powder, spices, remaining sugar, hazelnuts and flour together with 1 tbsp water. Fold the mixture into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Spread the HOCH baking wafers out on a baking tray. Using two teaspoons, place a portion of the mixture on each wafer and place in a preheated oven.
Use the small HOCH baking wafers (40–50 mm diameter) for delicious mini-cookies and our standard HOCH baking wafers (70–80 mm diameter) for larger lebkuchen cookies. Or mix and match for added variety!
- Decorate the cookies with fine lines of cooking chocolate.
- Sprinkle the cookies with icing sugar.
- Or decorate the cookies with chopped or whole hazelnuts.
Electric oven: 175°C | Baking time: Approx. 10 min. | Preparation: 25 min.